1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspecting the unit before they are tested – this position requires at least 5 years manufacturing experience, 3 of which need to be in QA.
- Reads and interprets blue prints and engineering sketches.
- Inspects products manufactured at by suppliers and subcontractors to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Examines product drawings to secure such information as dimensions and configuration of components to adequately inspect the product for design and contract conformance.
- Reviews Bills of Material and other documentation to ensure proper components are installed into product.
- Keeps abreast of engineering change notices and related documentation, which affects the manufacturing process.
- Conducts In-process and final inspection of products at established inspection points in the manufacturing process.
- Reviews manufacturing schedules in order to prioritize daily work and support production efforts.
- Initiates corrective action through the use of In Process Rejection Reports and Non-Conforming Material Reports.
- Conducts receiving inspections on all returning units, Customer Supplied Product, and as required on vendor supplied product.
- Controls and maintains inspection equipment to ensure proper use and calibration.
- Completes and organizes quality assurance records and other documentation to ensure an accurate record of the manufacturing and inspection process is maintained.
- Reviews initial release of job folders to ensure documentation matches customer requirements.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to resolve documentation/hardware concerns.
- Gathers data and graph charts for trend analysis.
- Orientates new employees on Quality responsibilities/requirements.
- Assists ISO Program Coordinator and Quality Engineer.
- Previous direct supervisory or similar leadership experience.
- Experience in a high-mix, high-customized, low-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ISO-90001 requirements and processes.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- ERP Computer experience, SAP preferred.
- MS Office Word and Excel software experience.
Education & Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent experience. Associates Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing Technology or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- # of Positions: 1
- 1 for 1st (6: 00AM-2: 30PM).
- Overtime: Yes (before and after shift).
- Weekends: Possible.