13350 KIRKHAM WAY POWAY, CA 92064
Under general supervision, this role will perform first article and in-process inspections on PCB assemblies per IPC-A-610 and company policies and procedures. The Quality Technician will be responsible for yield data collection and data entry for department metrics; will assist with continuous improvement including team participation, and will perform regular and ongoing process audits across multiple departments; will make recommendations for procedure changes, will identify process gaps and participate with internal audit teams; will perform final product inspection and functional testing for in-process materials and finished products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to determine product acceptance to schematics and bill of materials (BOM).
- Understand process controls, assists assembly technicians with set-up validation of programs, feeders, profiles and related processes.
- Become the process expert who is completely familiar with all process procedures.
- Understand product requirements and methods to ensure product compliance.
- Perform regular process audits and identify gaps and potential gaps.
- Competent in submitting documentation change requests with clear and concise written descriptions of deficiencies and proposed solutions.
- Able to perform root cause analysis with supporting tools and documentation.
- Perform incoming inspection on supplier PCB' s to be used in assembly.
- Accurately document final product inspection, in-process functional testing and audits.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- At least an Associate Degree in Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering, or similar Engineering or technical field is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in an Electronics Manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- IPC-A-610 certification.
- J-STD-001 certification or proven experience.
- Experience with internal audit process and process validation methodologies.
- Ability to maintain department metrics and ensure accuracy.
- Excellent working knowledge with MS Office Suite, with intermediate Excel knowledge required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in generating process procedures, flow charts and change requests.
- Able to train others and provide instructions effectively.
- Working knowledge of MS Access considered a plus.
- Position will be regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit and stand, and to reach with hands and arms. Must be able to walk up and down stairs. Regular use of a computer keyboard is required. Vision requirements will be mostly close for computer monitor use.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office or lab work environment (non-clean room), with some time spent on a factory/production floor.
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise and variations in temperature if in the factory but will not exceed OSHA TWA limit.
- Light machine shop work may be required.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.