Quality Assurance Engineer
9353 WINNETKA AVE Chatsworth, CA 91311
This person leads the day-to-day quality assurance efforts and performs the core quality assurance tasks in the facility, and provides quality assurance support services to several departments. The support services include many tasks that contribute to the company wide efforts to improve the quality of products and services. Such tasks are for example giving assistance to the Engineering Team with quality verification of new products, assisting all departments in their efforts to document procedures and instructions. Provides training in QA techniques to the Production Team, responds to requests from the Materials Team to resolve supplier quality concerns etc.
Core Quality Assurance tasks include identifying and solving “ Six Sigma” projects, planning and arranging internal and external audits and the corrective actions generated by the audits. The monitoring of gage calibration programs, evaluating customer complaints and rejected parts for corrective actions are also core tasks. Works closely with the Manufacturing Engineering and Production Team to reduce process variation and the risk of defects in the production of company products, by applying “ six sigma” quality tools and related techniques.
This person is also the liaison between the Quality Assurance Manager and the active Quality Assurance support teams in each facility, with the purpose of reducing the risk of defective products reaching the customers.
- Leads the day-to day quality assurance efforts in the assigned facility.
- Applies appropriate QA techniques such as “ Six Sigma” tools to solve QA problems in all value adding steps.
- Provides training in QA techniques to new employees, and existing employees.
- Assists the Product Creation Team with verification of new products.
- Assists the Manufacturing Engineering Team in the effort to reduce production process variation.
- Monitors gauge calibration program.
- Determines corrective actions based on customer complaints and other information, for continuous quality improvements.
- Organizes internal and external audits, and reacts to findings.
- Evaluates external quality systems, in use at suppliers.
- Documents procedures, instructions, quality plans etc.
- Inspects products and records the results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- BA/BS or equivalent training.
- Several years of experience in related field.
- Good knowledge and skills of current Quality Assurance methods and tools.
- Experience with Six Sigma projects.
- Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel to all locations and as otherwise required.