Quality Assurance Inspector
2245 First Street Simi Valley, CA 93065
We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented individual to perform quality inspection activities in a fast-paced advanced technology environment. This individual will work under the guidance of the company Quality Manager and will need to be able to work under pressure and understand that this is a quality driven environment.
The ideal candidate will have a high school degree or equivalent and at least 3+ year’ s recent quality experience in a space production environment. They will have practical experience working within Quality Management Systems (AS9100 and ISO 9001) and have in-depth knowledge of IPC-610 and IPC J-STD-001 standards. A current IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-610 certification is a plus. We are looking for a technically savvy and trustworthy individual, with an exceptional ability to multi-task and support companywide activities.
- Reviews and approves incoming materials and documentation by confirming specifications, reviewing CofC, FAI, inspection reports, test reports, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Performs complete layout inspection by locating reference points and measuring dimensions using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial indicator to ensure product meets specifications.
- Performs and documents first article inspections using AS9102 forms.
- Performs inspection and verification on incoming, in-process and outgoing products.
- Visually compares work products against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations.
- Reports quality problems or findings to the Quality Manager and follows up to ensure that corrective action has/will take place.
- Maintains record of inspections and list of defects.
- Performs source inspection at suppliers as ESI Motion representative on behalf of Quality Manager when required.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and customers to address any quality issues during supplier source inspections.