Quality Assurance Manager
5011 Gate Pkwy Building 100 Suite 400 Jacksonville, FL 32256 | Contract to Direct
- Manage the implementation of ISO9001 from initiation to certification for the company business unit.
- Manage the ISO Audit process and ensure compliance to ISO guidelines.
- Documentation of ISO procedures.
- Ensure that all departments within the company are adhering to the directions and guidelines established within the “ Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices” published by the Association of American Railroads.
- The Quality Manager will work with Vice Presidents of various Engineering departments and the Program Management team to ensure that all projects meet the specifications established by each customer.
- Maintain and update all sections of the company Quality Assurance Manual.
- Act as the point of contact between company and the AAR for all quality issues.
- Audit all departments for compliance with corporate Department Level Work Instructions.
- Conduct quality training for department quality personnel and any other quality training as required.
- Conduct Statistical analysis where required, and generate reports for management.
- Closely monitor cost of poor quality (COPQ) and implement improvement processes.
- Create root cause analysis reports as needed.
- Monitor business performance through KPI’ s for the company excellence program.
- Assist with Priority Deployment of Quality Objectives and related metrics.
Experience / Skills:
- 5 years quality experience with a Signal design or equivalent Electronics company.
- The Quality Manager must have certification, or become a certified AAR Internal Quality Auditor utilizing the Quality Audit procedures outlined in Section J, M-1003 Specification for Quality Assurance.
- Ability to conduct Process Capability studies, SPC and other design engineering assurance studies.
- The successful individual will have the ability to work with all levels of personnel up to and including senior management.
- Experience with Electronics Design and Development processes.
- Good communication skills with the ability to write technical manuals and instructions.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- BS in Engineering or related field (minimum required).
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with Minitab or equivalent Statistical Analysis software.
- Understanding of Continuous improvement and Lean concepts.