Quality Control Inspector
800 CRANBERRY WOODS DRIVE SUITE 400 CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, PA 16066
One of the three largest suppliers of equipment and plants to the metals industry, worldwide is looking for a Quality Control Inspector. The company is a leader in minimills, in long product casting and rolling plants, and among the front runners in the flat product and iron ore sectors.
We are looking for open-minded, dynamic people, who are competent, motivated, and interested in developing their skills and potential through specialized targeted training and development courses. We employ tenacious people who are able to convert into facts the principles of “ velocity” and “ innovation,” that inspire the work of each of us.
- This position reports to the Quality Manager and is based out of the Cranberry Twp., PA office.
- Ensures the control/inspection/verification of products assembled through external suppliers/vendors
- Plans, prepares and reviews relevant documentation required to conduct inspections.
- Coordinates visits with vendors/suppliers to monitor status of order, quality standards and quantities.
- Communicates with Quality and Purchasing Departments on delivery status of equipment.
- Coordinates with Quality Department to certify engineering improvements.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems.
- Develops relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Heavy travel is expected in the US. Maybe necessary to travel international.
- Must know how to issue NCR in case of Non conformities.
- Organizes periodical and/or urgent inspection at supplier or customer sites.
- Coordinates with Quality Department how to improve final inspections at supplier and customer sites.
- Proposes solutions for unexpected delay and quality issues.
- Ensures training of workshop workers concerning quality issues.
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities required:
- Prefer experience in companies manufacturing equipment for the steel industry and knowledge of the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of technical specifications and drawings
- Planning capabilities
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to interface with Customers in a professional manner
- Must be a team player
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access). Use of internal software such as OW and BO.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, carry, finger, grasp, feel, talk to communicate, speak over public address system, hear, and be able to lift 25 lbs
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Exposed to elevated noise levels and extreme heat and cold. Physical hazards - Close proximity to moving parts, hot surfaces, pinch points, sparks, sharp edges, high pressure air, oxygen and gas lines.
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
70%-80% of time