Quality Engineer & Test Supervisor
1820 S. Myrtle Ave. Box 5033 Monrovia, CA 91016
The Quality Engineer & Test Supervisor is responsible for verifying that Resistance Welding and other equipment meets requirements defined in company drawings, procedures and checklists.
Supervision of the technicians completing the calibration and final test of this equipment is a key responsibility, as well as a key source of data for determining the compliance and reliability of that equipment.
Will work closely with Production Managers & Operators to determine root cause and resolution of quality issues encountered in the plant.
They will also work with Production Planning and Customer Service groups to assure that equipment will be calibrated and tested in time to support the commitments given to our customers.
- Collecting and analyzing data on non-conforming products, determining root cause of non-conformances, and working with employees in the manufacturing, engineering and purchasing groups to resolve the root causes identified.
- Working with the engineering group to maintain and improve the calibration and final inspection procedures and checklists for our products.
- Determining the test timing required to meet product shipment commitments and working with planning to assure that equipment is assembled and delivered to the test group to allow sufficient test times prior to an on-time shipment.
- Supervising the technicians doing the calibration and final test.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the QSS group to share resources as required to accomplish the broader mission of the group.
- Training new and veteran employees as required.
- Working with the R&D and engineering groups to implement more automated testing and calibration
- Providing technical information as required to the test technicians.
- Troubleshooting and providing technical analysis of defects in company products
- Preparing and presenting reports and information as required including quality metrics and reliability statistics.
- Other projects and tasks as requested by supervisor and management.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in the Electromechanical equipment manufacturing industry.
- Experience supervising people is required. Strong knowledge of electronics and PCs is required.
- Experience with lasers is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in teams developing advanced products with electronic, mechanical and software components is a strong plus.
- Must possess very good troubleshooting skills related to electronic circuitry and be knowledgeable of microprocessor and logic theory as well as ability to teach others.
- Reading, writing and math skills at college or graduate school level.