Quality Engineer - Continuous Improvement
2175 Union Place Simi Valley, CA 93065
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. They specialize in Manufacturing Mechanical parts for the Aerospace/ Defense Marketplace.
Support Manufacturing and Purchasing Departments in Quality related Issues and drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the manufacturing and inspection processes both at our client and their suppliers.
- Ability to collect, compile and analyze data (using the appropriate six sigma methods and techniques); to determine both the actual root causes of identified problems and required corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Able to affect scrap and rework reduction improvements both internally and at our suppliers (machining and special processing).
- Able to affect customer return product reduction and implement applicable improvements.
- Implements a formal six sigma program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implements such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis, DOE, PFMEA, Statistical tool, Gauge R&R and sampling planning.
- Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture both internally and with our supplier’ s (machining and special processing).
- Ability to lead Kaizen events and provide the environment for brainstorming and exchange of ideas for improved processes.
- Effectively apply appropriate problem-solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Work with cross-functional teams to recommend and implement process improvement plans.
- Work knowledge in systematized approach to corrective action methodologies (8D, RCCA, 7 Step, CAR, etc.).
- Drive resolutions to shop floor process problems with regards to process, strategy and product.
- Coaching and training, to ensure the successful implementation of a culture of ZERO DEFECT, through the deployment of continuous improvement tools and associate engagement.
Desirable Experience, Capabilities and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’ s degree, preferably in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in applying Six Sigma methodology standards is required. (Green Belt or higher required).
- Minimum 3 years of Quality, Manufacturing, industrial or Continuous Improvement Engineering experience in an aerospace manufacturing (machine shop) environment.
- Must demonstrate an attention to detail and have the ability to manage projects, schedule and prioritize effectively as well as process orientation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and leadership ability; exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative.
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) with all levels within the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- AS9100 Rev D – Understanding and ability to apply specified requirements in a cost-effective approach.
- Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their application for the inspection of complex products – general understanding of ASME Y14.5 (GD&T).