Quality Engineer II
646 James Record Road Huntsville, AL 35824
Designs, implements and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products. Responsible for planning, implementing and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution. Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products. Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary. May assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards (i.e. GLP, GMP, ISO, Six Sigma).
- Provide quality Engineering support throughout vehicle life for specific program(s) as assigned per leadership
- Facilitate communication between Leadership, customer and manufacturing plant quality, production etc.
- Ensure compliance to customer contractual requirements. Provide support for the QCS in the development, tracking and maintenance of compliance matrix.
- Responsible for the Quality interface within the company for the new product development process, including participation within concurrent engineering activities defining the requirements for the program
- Responsible for generating and maintaining Quality Plans as required, including maintaining their Configuration Control in accordance with ISO and MIL requirements.
- Responsible for on-going customer interface for all Quality related matters relative to specific program(s).
- Focal point for receiving customer feedback of Quality problems. Responsible for assuring that identified problems have been addressed, effective corrective action implemented to prevent future occurrences and also communicating the resolution back to the customer.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking performance for the customer and facilitating continuous improvement activities to improve performance
- Responsible for interface with the customer during customer visits at company facilities that have Quality items on the agenda.
- Responsible for interfacing with other areas of the Quality organization (i.e.: supplier Quality) and/or other functional areas within the company to facilitate resolution of customer Quality issues.
- Successful application of various Continuous Improvement tools. (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, PPAP, PFMEA, etc.)
- Quality Engineering activities including root cause analysis and corrective action.
- A familiarity military requirements such ITAR, FAR etc.
- The monitoring and measurement of business related metrics and the communication of performance through the use of powerpoint, excel, word, or Visio, etc.
- Other assignments as assigned by Leadership
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/300485