4501 Hatfield Street Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Quality Engineer plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products to assure that customer expectations are met or exceeded while performing the following duties.
- Lead metrology activities including:
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programming PCDMIS.
- Train support receiving inspection personnel.
- Develop effective and efficient measurement methods.
- Electronic assemblies including PCBs, connectors and cables.
- Support the Quality function including Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality, Product Testing, Final Inspection and Customer Service.
- Support the Advanced Product and Quality Planning (APQP) process to ensure compliance to quality.
- Ensure customer quality issues and non-conformances are resolved in a timely manner taking the lead for the mitigation actions with other functions in the organization such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, and Procurement.
- Support manufacturing as needed which from time to time will require working evenings and weekends.
- Support QMS to maintain Quality System certifications (ISO 9001).
- Thorough understanding of metrology, with ability to utilize several types of measuring devices such as: indicators, calipers, micrometers, hardness testing and programming CMM.
- Excellent working knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality standards.
- Ability to quickly identify quality issues and establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective use of quality core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, etc.)
- First article and Final inspection experience.
- Experience in deploying statistical quality methods (sampling plans, DOE, Cpk, etc).
- Systematic problem solver.
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary.
- Excellent ability to multitask in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills plus attention to detail. Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals/groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that helps them understand, retain and engage.
- Bachelor’ s degree in an engineering discipline or the physical sciences.
- Experience in quality management working within a highly technical product development and manufacturing enterprise.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with close tolerance precision machined components.
- Quality experience with defense program preferred.
- Certified Quality Engineer credentials preferred.
- Certified Lead Auditor preferred.
- Practical experience with complex electromechanical systems preferred.