San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 US
About the position:
The Quality Engineer must have experience designing quality standards, inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions.
*These qualifications are requirements to be considered for this position.*Please note the number of years you have achieved in each category.
• BS Degree in Quality, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering.
• ASQ certification preferred.
• Strong knowledge and experience in aerospace standards AS9100, ISO-9001, and its general practices.
• Developing and implementing new or revised quality and control standards.
• Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
• Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
• Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
• Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
• Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
• Familiarity with calibration processes and documentation.
Additional Skills, but not a requirement for this position:
• J-STD-001, IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-610 certifications.
• Working knowledge of ESD requirements and practices.
• Electrical and electronic inspection processes.
• Working knowledge of GSE systems and general associated equipment.
• If an Offer of Employment is extended, a Background Check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
• This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN Security Classification.
What we Offer:
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, paid sick time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases): Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.