995 N. Ellsworth Avenue Villa Park, IL 60181 | Direct Placement
We are seeking a Quality Engineer who will be responsible for working with manufacturing, engineering and purchasing in developing and implementing world-class production processes and quality assurance systems.
- Develop and maintain quality control inspection and test procedures.
- Perform internal audits related to company quality management system.
- Support lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Investigate quality and customer problems, and helps to resolve issues.
- Participate in reviews of engineering designs and production processes.
- Work towards achieving optimal quality and production costs.
- Manage calibration of inspection instruments.
- Participate in Customer Contract Review and responsible for customer quality requirements.
- Help develop and maintain a high quality supplier base.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in engineering, quality assurance or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in quality control engineering of machined metal parts.
- ASQ Certification and Six Sigma Black Belt are pluses.
- Familiar with Total Quality Management (TQM) principles.
- Knowledge of quality systems, standards and regulations, and standard process control (SPC).
- Understand engineering drawings, metrology, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Team player, detail-oriented, accurate, organized.
- Ambition to learn and grow career.
- Excellent written/oral communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
- Pre-employment drug screen required.