235 Industry Blvd. PO Box 1000 Irwin, Pennsylvania 15642 | Direct Placement
This position is responsible for inspecting incoming manufactured components to ensure that they meet engineering specifications, thus enabling proper installation/fit/performance for our machines being built. Also performs inspections on assembled machines, at various times during the build process of the machine.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (minimum).
- Good mechanical aptitude / hands-on.
- Good logic, reasoning & troubleshooting skills.
- Good written & oral communication skills.
- Good organization skills / ability to multi-task.
- Work well in a group / team environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings (detail & assembly) & specifications.
- Must be experienced in the understanding and application of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Knowledge and experience with various fabrication processes (ie machining, sheet metal, welding, etc).
- Understanding of & experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a Quality Control environment.
- Experienced in forms of manual mechanical inspection (calipers, micrometers, comparators, etc).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mechanical parts inspection.
- Must have hands-on experience using FARO Articulating Inspection Arm (Primary) and/or CMM (Secondary).
- Must have experience with inspection software / Innovmetrics’ PolyWorks inspector software (a plus).
- Ability to perform CAD-based and non-CAD based inspections.
Roles & Responsibilities
Perform Component and Assembly Level inspections:
- Verify, by inspection, that components and assemblies arrive from vendors manufactured to proper engineering drawings & specifications.
- Inspections will be with a FARO arm, comparators and other mechanical measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, comparators, etc).
- Ensure that work is performed within the requirements & priorities that are set to meet order deliveries and production & project schedules.
Maintain Records and Databases as Required:
- Concise and accurate recording of inspection findings.
- Record and report all deviations from requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all quality standards (e.g. ISO/QS/AS/MIL/ANSI).
Quality Support for Other Production Functions:
- Quality support for inspection of customer components, for contract shops (AFM & TEM) and feasibility group, related to the abilities of the incoming inspection department.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Hours 6: 45 am - 3: 15 pm.