235 Industry Blvd. PO Box 1000 Irwin, PA 15642
This position is responsible for inspecting incoming manufactured components to ensure that they meet engineering specifications, thus enabling proper installation / fit / performance for our machines being built.
Also performs inspections on assembled machines, at various times during the build process of the machine.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (minimum) needed.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude; be hands-on.
- Good logic, reasoning & troubleshooting skills
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organization skills / ability to multi-task are also needed.
- Ability to work well in a group / team environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings (detail & assembly) & specifications.
- Must be experienced in the understanding and application of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Requires knowledge and experience with various fabrication processes (i.e. machining, sheet metal, welding, etc)
- Requires understanding of & experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires experience working in a Quality Control environment.
- Requires experienced in forms of manual mechanical inspection (calipers, micrometers, comparators, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical parts inspection is required.
- Must have hands-on experience using FARO Articulating Inspection Arm (primary) and/or CMM (secondary).
- Must have experience with inspection software / Innovmetrics’ PolyWorks inspector software (a plus).
- Ability to perform CAD-based and non-CAD based inspections.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Perform Component and Assembly Level inspections.
- Verify, by inspection, that components and assemblies arrive from vendors manufactured to proper engineering drawings & specifications.
- Inspections will be with a FARO arm, comparators and other mechanical measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, comparators, etc.).
- Ensure that work is performed within the requirements & priorities that are set to meet order deliveries and production & project schedules.
- Ability to work hours from 6: 45 am to 3: 15 pm.
- Maintain records and databases as required.
- Concise and accurate recording of inspection findings needed.
- Record and report all deviations from requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all quality standards (e.g. ISO/QS/AS/MIL/ANSI).
- Quality support for other production functions.
- Perform quality support for inspection of customer components, for contract shops (AFM & TEM) and feasibility group, related to the abilities of the incoming inspection department.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.