16760 Schoenborn Street North Hills, CA 91343
As a key member of the Quality team, the Quality Inspector reports to the Quality Manager and has overall accountability for parts’ quality.The Inspector will be responsible for in-process inspections that will meet the customer’ s requirements and be in full compliance with FAR 21, FAR 145 and other regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect repairs.
- Complete First Article inspections.
- Verify material data and certifications is per drawing requirements.
- In-process inspection.
- Verify that part complies with drawing and purchase order requirements.
- Complete paperwork for manufactured parts.
- Complete first article inspection paperwork.
- Verify material and outside process certs.
- System In process Inspections and functions testing for Haskel, Cold Storage, Wine Chiller, Water Heaters, and Oxygen line pressure testing.
- Clean Room inspections.
- NDT inspections.
- Teardown reports for repairs (not including water heaters).
- Conduct repair station audits.
- Perform quality review of travelers.
- Perform conformity inspections for STC and PMA projects.
- Complete FAA conformity paperwork 8130-9 or 8130-3 for STC and PMA projects.
- Review engineering drawings.
- Prepare MDR’ s.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the aerospace industry as a quality inspector, experience with FAA repair stations is a plus.
- Minimum of a high school education with previous experience is required.
- Two year degree is preferable, but not mandatory.