2040 East Dyer Road Santa Ana, CA 92705
- This Quality Inspector is responsible for performing Dimensional or Mechanical Inspection using various inspection tools and Coordination.
- Measuring Machine and performing required testing on a diversified line of Aerospace components and assemblies in accordance with customer and internal requirements.
- Perform First Article Inspections (FAI’ s) and creating inspection reports (Component and Top assembly) in accordance with AS9102
- Perform dimensional layouts, 1st /last piece inspections using CMMs, calipers and other general measurement equipment.
- Perform receiving, in process and final inspections in accordance with specified drawing and specification requirements.
- Ability to balloon drawings
- Familiar with reporting and documenting nonconforming materials
- Ability to review material and process certifications against applicable purchase order and specification requirements received from outside suppliers
- Ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications, geometric dimension and tolerances per ANSI/ASME Y 14.5.P and other customer requirements.
- Ability to perform mechanical measurement for verifying the compliance of complex machined, formed, cast, forged, and assembled aircraft structure.
- Experience with reviewing customer and supplier purchase order requirements.
- Familiar with working with manufacturing documentation such as router, travelers or work orders, bill of materials and receivers.
- Ability to perform thorough reviews of documentation to ensure all inspection and paperwork requirements are fulfilled.
- Familiar with Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs)
- Possess knowledge of AQL sampling selection per internal procedures and ANSI/ASQC Z1.4.
- Knowledge or experience inspecting aerospace products with special processes (e.g., anodizing, chem film, passivation, dray film lube, heat treating, penetrant and radiography, etc.)
- Experienced in using Surface Plate Inspection Techniques,
- Experienced in operating a Coordinates Measuring Machine (CMM) using PCMIS
- Experience in presenting build packages to government and customer source inspectors.
- Support company Key Performance Indicators
- Complete cross training plan
- Comply to company process and procedures
- Performs other duties and assigned as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ inspection experience in Aviation / Aerospace industry experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of AS9102 and preparing component and top assembly FAI’ s
- Must read and write in English language
- Ability and experienced in reading blue prints, interpreting technical data: industry specifications; material, processes and customer specification requirements.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and controls such as machining, heat treat, welding, NDT.
- Ability to utilize various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, depth gages, optical comparators, and height gages
- Computer skills- excel, word
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and basic visual acuity exam (near vision 20/30 or better in at least one eye, natural or corrected).
- Operator a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Familiar with MRP and industry quality systems
- Must demonstrate strong writing skills, excellent customer interface skills, and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Strong time management and ability to perform several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions based on relevant information
- Capable of multi-tasking with sufficient ease to meet multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving, judgment, and good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with lean methodologies required: process improvement tools and techniques
- Certified inspector (DQR, ASQ or FAA)
- Familiar with customer portal FAI submittals
- Familiar with CMM inspection data
- Experienced working with customer and government source inspectors
- CMM programming