24900 Avenue Stanford Valencia, CA 91355
• Inspector will perform precision dimensional FA inspections on production parts or tooling. This will include specifically first article inspections on complex precision machined parts.
• Create and maintain all records and prepare reports as required associated with performance of duties.
• Responsible for the quality/accuracy of all work.
• Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
• Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with both internal & external customers in a timely manner.
• Ability to read, understand and follow written procedures and mechanical drawings or engineering renderings. FA Inspector shall be qualified through training, education or experience to work unsupervised. This person must be qualified to work independently or as part of a group in order to complete all assigned tasks. The employee must be capable of comprehending and employing all of the disciplines of dimensional lay out inspection to include an understanding of all associated types of manual measurement equipment. This includes gage blocks and surface plate set-ups using high amplification measuring equipment.
• The inspector must have ability/experience to perform measurements with a tolerance of .0001 or greater. The inspector must have the ability and training to use and program automated measuring equipment CMM’ s and other mechanical measuring instruments and have a solid knowledge of mechanical blue print reading and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance). The inspector must have a solid understanding of the concepts of mechanical metrology, tolerance ratios, technical specifications, mathematical unit conversions. The ability to calculate measurement uncertainties surrounding the inspection work they perform is a plus.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to employ troubleshooting techniques to solve problems and maintain and repair instrumentation. Should also have the ability to apply common sense understanding to solve problems that might arise in the performance of duties
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software