18 Tremont St Boston, MA 02108
Manages program quality activities and deliverables to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction, whilst supporting company wide strategic business goals. Assures consistent quality by developing, implementing, and enforcing the program quality plan, processes and procedures, including vendor quality teams. Interfaces with Customers on quality, reporting status to program management and the Senior QA Manager. This position generally works under limited supervision and direction and regularly exercises discretionary and decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages program compliance to numerous systems, and standards.
- Interfaces with the Customer and program management on quality related matters.
- Manages the execution of the program quality plan, including sub-contractor Quality teams.
- Works with product development, and operational management, incoordination with Director of QA to define, iterate, document, and enforce QA processes and procedures.
- Lead, direct and motivate a culture of quality improvement across program and business teamsto eliminate inefficiencies/ defects, and drive root cause analysis and lesson learning.
- Communicates QA expectations to teams; plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews contributions, and enforces policies and procedures.
- Analyze data, concluding results to program management and Director of QA.
- Represents QA organization during audits, reviews, action boards, and customer meetings.
- Prepares QA documentation in pursuit of bids and proposals.
- Supports vendor assessment and management of the quality deliverables.
- Acts as leader/facilitator between QA and other functions.
- Provides Senior QA Manager with input regarding decisions and actions for the QA function.
- Fulfills the Senior QA Manger responsibilities in managers absence.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four year college degree in a related field is preferred, plus eight years’ experience in software or/ and hardware organizations, developing and operating products/ systems.
- Must have experience in managing both customers and sub-contractors. Must have ISO 9001 audit experience.
- Must have effective communication (verbal/written) and analytical skills, including reporting to senior management.
- Must have proficient software knowledge, including MS excel. Must have expert level experience with quality best practice tools and methods, including problem prevention re-occurrence.
- Must have demonstrable ability in the following skills: accountability, leading and motivating teams, forward thinking, problem solving, influencing, decision making, active listening, facilitating, coaching, negotiating and being a change agent