Two Pearl Buck Court Suite 470 Bristol, PA 19007
Responsible for the design, support, leadership, and implementation of cost effective, efficient, responsive, and timely systems that will achieve the appropriate level of product quality, company provided service, and customer satisfaction.
Education and Experience:
- BS in technical discipline or with equivalent quality management experience required, MS or PhD preferred.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of quality and or manufacturing management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance systems.
- Ability to interpret statistical data.
- Problem solving skills.
- Management skills.
- Technical skills.
- Employee development skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good mentoring skills.
- Good interpersonal and team development skills.
- Requires a strong, positive, driving, “ can do” attitude.
- Internal - Internal relationships to include senior company managers, company divisional unit and operation quality managers, line managers, engineers and senior management.
- Process and Design Engineers, Sales and customer services staff.
- External - External relationships to include customer representatives at all levels for matters related to product quality and reliability, customer service and customer satisfaction and/or general business issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Full authority to prevent products from shipping if the quality is compromised.
- Representing the company to customers in quality related matters.
- Full authority in assessing readiness for a new product release after the performance of environmental and reliability evaluations.
- Advising customers on engineering solutions to solve their issues.
- Drive in parallel the ISO9001 and TS16949 audits/standards/processes.
- Drive the two factories to a tight quality control (SQE, QA team members).
Specific Position Duties:
- Manage/actively lead the Operation or Division Quality Department.
- This includes a team of quality engineers, technicians, inspectors and clerical employees, as assigned/necessary.
- Report to Staff Management problems related to, product quality, business issues, and the actions that have been put in place to correct these problems. Resolve problems/issues quickly, effectively, efficiently, responsively, and preventatively.
- Develop the specific programs that will provide the appropriate level of product quality and reliability, customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Investigate/implement equipment that will provide accurate measurements required assuring quality products and service.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, company operations, and company departments when resolving quality related issues.
- Assure timely and responsive resolution of problems/issues internally and externally.
- Present to customers the status of the company quality systems/programs, corrective actions/processes, and directions (strategic and tactical).
- Represent the company at special quality - related functions.
- Actively participate and assist in the company’ s ISO/QS/TS programs.
- As necessary, initiate and coordinate quality related communications with Company operations and divisional units.
- Provide the guidelines and procedures that define the Quality Assurance Department involvement in design review and new product introduction.
- Approve and manage any/all safety agency related activities.
- Approve/sign off on all qualification test programs and product qualifications.
- Perform internal audits to assess compliance to systems and standards.
- Budget and control the Division Quality Function department budget.
- Support, take role in, participate and provide input to Company and Corporate Quality Systems.
- Prepare and implement quality improvement plans, and set quality performance metrics/targets for the operation or divisional unit that assess the effectiveness of the Quality Systems.
- Control/Implement a quality system, that meets the needs of the division’ s markets, with guidance from the VP of Quality, VP of the Product Division, design, etc., and assure compliance throughout the divisional units, operations and company.
- Initiate ideas/methods to improve the Quality Systems, timeliness, effectiveness, efficiency, and costs.
- Drive the QMSR bi-annual meetings and follow/prepare the former and new operations plan and lead all the quality meetings before =, during and after the audit.
- Help internal auditing to prep for final audit.
- Drive the document control department to actively manage documentation.
- Improve turnaround of datasheet process, publish the quality certificates, train people on where to find what, and etc.