3330 Milington Road Gridley, Illinois 61744 | Direct Placement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all quality functions including food safety, sanitation efficiencies, customer service, and overall performance of the quality department.
- Ensure effective food safety compliance and work with plant management team to implement programs to mitigate risk.
- Manage and lead HACCP program and team at site level, ensuring that good manufacturing practices, preventive controls and prerequisite programs are in place and effective.
- Develop and maintain food safety and quality systems including QC & QA.
- Develop, review and align procedures with corporate policies, through GQMS (Global Quality Management System) with a drive towards best practice internal audit practices and procedures for improvement to prevent non-conformances.
- Enforce company standards in the areas of ingredient and product standards, process specifications, formula compliance, sanitation/GMP/pest control, and regulatory compliance.
- Track report and review agreed upon KPI’ s. Develop and lead the plant Quality Improvement Plan.
- Partner cross-functionally and actively drive for process improvement.
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the plant Quality department, through training, communication, and accountability.
- This involves recruitment, organizational development, personnel assessment, training, direction and motivation.
- Manage the department within budget and utilize resources effectively to meet needs of the business on a timely basis.
- Continuously improve knowledge of products and technology to investigate variation and resolve technical problems with the team.
- Apply a scientific approach with statistical analysis to data and problem solving.
- Be proactive and responsive in addressing customer complaints, communicating effectively on technical issues and leading the root cause analysis.
- Develop and verify corrective actions.
- Manages 2-3 subordinate supervisors who supervise 4-8 employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar Science/Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant the GFSI standards such as SQF.
- Minimum 4-10 years of quality experience and/or training.
- Experience managing quality and food safety systems.
- Experience in a plant environment strongly preferred.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team leadership and development.
Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.