6740 Nancy Ridge Dr. San Diego, CA 92121
- Required Skills to Perform the Essential Functions:
- High school diploma/equivalent (College/Tech school experience, a plus)
- Good communication, written/verbal skills, and PC knowledge
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of standard inspection and test equipment (e.g. Calipers, Micrometers, Height gage)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sample and inspect raw materials, sub-assemblies and final products to approved specifications for conformance. Inspection processes are identified as receiving, in-process, and final inspections.
- Conduct 1st article inspection of materials that are associated with a qualification/validation.
- Generate Non-Conforming Material Report (NCMR) when materials are observed defective and conduct proper containment.
- Generate inspection records and verify this information for accuracy. Ensure that the regards meet company’ s good documentation practices.
- Performs inspection activities to approved documented procedures.
- Support Quality Department in developing and optimizing systems/processes that are aligned with the overall business strategies.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Quality Control experience, specifically conducting visual and dimensional inspections
- Thermoforming experience is preferred
- Ability to read and write in English; secondary language skills are desirable but not required.
- Good understanding of Excel, Word, and Outlook
Certificates and Licenses:
- ASQ member is desirable but not required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Time spent on the shop floor will be subject to standard noise levels in a manufacturing environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other different tasks be performed whencircumstances change.