Quality Supplier Engineer
750 Vernon Way El Cajon, CA 92020
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for evaluation and processing of Supplier PPAP submissions and processing of supplier nonconformance material and corrective actions. This person will work closely with El Cajon California Quality Engineering, Georgia Supply Chain and Engineering to meet specified goals and objectives. In this role, you will oversee qualifying and developing suppliers according to company standards to ensure delivery, quality and cost effectiveness; utilize a hands-on approach with monitoring suppliers’ performance and communicate and resolve supplier-related problems as they occur; develop and prioritize an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited and evaluated on a regular basis to ensure current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) and quality standards are met; and evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provide feedback in assessment of their operation to management. In addition, this individual would provide leadership and guidance relative to supplier programs, assuring we maintain compliance with IATF, AS9100, and ISO 9001: 2015 certifications.
- Review and approval of supplier PPAP documentation
- Provides the support required to successfully evaluate and resolve issues and bring to closure any supplier quality issues based on supplier non-conformances.
- Helps to ensure that accurate supplier rejection information is communicated to the supplier through management approved processes.
- Responsible for the interpretation of engineering drawings and specification resulting in the development of formal inspection plans to facilitate receiving inspection, source inspection and first article inspection activities.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Responsible for attending and participating in design/configuration management reviews, the approval of engineering drawing and specifications.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Three (3) years of experience in Supplier Quality including supplier PPAP evaluation and nonconformance handling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proven experience in MS Word and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Advanced skills and proficiency with Excel is required.
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Prefer automotive experience
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.