Quality Systems Manager
9333 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA 92123
The Worldwide Quality Systems Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the Global Quality System. Incumbents of this role are responsible for developing and implementing best practice preventative and improvement orientated quality management system to ensure best practice and customer satisfaction. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and publishes a QMS process sets to support required ISO standards and CTS needs.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for One Process Group.
- Supports transformation and improvement activities.
- Coordinates training in new processes and promotes awareness of the QMS.
- Schedules audits and coordinates the availability of qualified auditors in each region.
- Ensures audits cover all requirements of the various ISO standards.
- Liaises with external certification bodies and coordinates 3rd party audits.
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of lessons learned, and creation of global knowledge base for QA.
- Leads, directs, and motivates the WW quality systems team with a focus on continuous professional development.
- Fosters and leads a culture of continuous improvement in quality and customer satisfaction through the development and implementation of best practice quality processes.
- Lead change in programs as required.
- Champions challenge and change to ensure SMART solutions to the business that add value.
- Works as part of the WW QA team to identify and facilitate the introduction of global improvement strategies.
- Analyzes and evaluates data concerning quality system processes, and present it to other members of the management team in a way that enables them to act to correct undesirable situations.
- Proactively develops and manages mechanisms to identify and monitor customer satisfaction with the company’ s quality system and to propose and facilitate actions to aid improvements.
- Trains and develops any direct reports to meet the ongoing needs of the business and the individual.
- Maintains awareness of, and bring to the attention of the management team, any relevant statutory, legislative, or best practices relevant to quality and the company.
- Maintains 2nd and 3rd Party company approvals for the quality system.
- Develops strong relationships with Business development, Engineering, Production, Safety and Customer Services department heads.
- Gains the confidence of external customers with competent, accurate and timely responses to their quality concerns.
- Other duties as requested
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in hardware/software engineering or related technical discipline such as Science or Engineering, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in Quality Assurance Management role in a software environment.
- Previous line management experience required.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance, including management experience, within a high technology engineering environment is a must.
- Post graduate qualification in Quality Assurance Engineering desired.
- Must have a good understanding of process development and ongoing management.
- Ability to foster best practice and passionate about ensuring we continually win the customer.
- Experience of leading and managing change and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of developing systems and processes development.
- Proven track record of managing Quality Management Systems certified to ISO 9001 by accredited 3rd parties.
- Experience in transport and/or contracting environment as well as experience of working within a global quality team is desirable.
- Must be self-motivated, with the commitment and ability to achieve results in a rapidly developing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster good interpersonal relationship and communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Must be able to quickly analyze situations and offer pragmatic solutions to ensure standards are maintained.
- Ability to present (written and verbally) complex analytical data and to identify key action items.