Quality Systems Manager
Valencia, CA 91355-4100 US
The QA Manager has managerial oversight of the Quality Assurance organization and team. The Quality Assurance responsibilities for a manufacturing plant in the aerospace and defense industry include developing, implementing, maintaining a robust quality system and measuring its effectiveness to assure that the products and processes meet internal quality standards and requirements established by customers and regulatory agencies.
- Manage a highly focused site quality organization, aligned with overall global quality expectations.
- Directly manage Quality Engineers, Inspection Supervisor and Inspectors. Coordinating their activities and schedules to support the Site Production and Customer needs.
- Ensures the products & services provided to customers meet customer requirements and regulatory standards at both the production & product evaluation level.
- Ensures the compliance to Quality objectives (quality costs, product defects, customers satisfaction, etc) the effectiveness of corrective measures, and compliance to AS9100 as well as FAA, ATEX and Nadcap.
- Coordinates the fulfillment of the Inspection Procedures (Raw Material and/or Processes & Final Product) to ensure the Quality Requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Develops and analyzes Process Performance through metrics of First Pass Yield and First Piece Inspection as well as using APQP methods.
- Supports the management of business quality systems and applicable certification systems (ISO, FAA, AS, etc) including the development, maintenance & updating of documentation, processes, and records.
- Represent the company before regulatory agencies (FAA), Customers, and/or Certification Registrars.
- Manages and participates in failure analysis, complaints, resolution & information request from customers.
- Supports Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
- Manage customer escapes, Notices of Escapement and develop reports to track progress of investigations as well as corrective measures, while ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting to internal and external customers.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the applicable organization including: goal setting, QE activity, Inspection activity and timeliness of those activities.
- Develop, groom, train and manage talent by providing coaching and mentoring to build strong performing teams
- Works effectively in a highly cross-functional environment, balancing multiple goals and priorities.
- Knowledgeable of FAA Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) and Parts Manufacturer Approval process (PMA).
Safety is a core value. Our clients employees understand and follow all company safety policies and procedures, participate in workplace inspections, safety training, and in the development of job safety analyses.
This position requires visibility to export controlled documents and information.
- US Person (US citizen or Green Card holder) as defined in 22 CFR 120.15
- BS degree in a technical field
- Strong managerial, communication and reporting skills
- Overall technical experience in manufacturing processes and materials used in the connector industry.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in a Manufacturing/Quality
- 5 years of management experience leading highly focused technical organizations
- Direct experience with APQP practices
- Small assembly manufacturing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in MS Project a plus
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Familiarity with FAA Code of Federal Regulations, military, industry and aerospace standards such as Mil-STD-790, AS9100, ISO9001 and ISO17025
Span of Control: 8 - 12 engineers and technicians