R&D Technician - Electrical
16323 Shoemaker Ave. Cerritos, CA 90703 | Direct Placement
Searching for an experienced R&D Technician with an electrical focus to be a member of our cross-functional team that will develop and operate complex electronic and electro-mechanical systems for oil and gas applications.
The R&D Technician will be responsible for electro-mechanical hardware prototype build, debug and test, as well as the development and maintenance of a test lab/area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for electromechanical hardware prototype, debug and test.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of test lab area (maintain proper tools, meters, scopes and electronic parts inventory).
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/mechanical equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
- Perform basic electrical testing, fuse/continuity checks, voltage/resistance current relationships.
- Interpret technical drawings, diagrams, instructions and schematics.
- Troubleshoot and repair surface mount printed circuit boards.
- Implement test procedures and test validation support.
- Help support and maintain test documents and procedures.
- Electronic/electrical parts selection.
- Adhere to good housekeeping practices, ensuring a clean and tidy work area that is free from debris at all times.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- AS or equivalent 2-year technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience, preferably with a minimum of 2 years in the power electronic and motion control fields.
- Assembly and troubleshooting of Analog and Digital controls, switch mode conversion and power electronics experience essential.
- Able to use and setup test equipment, such as Oscilloscopes, Data loggers/analyzers and Software development tools.
- Excellent soldering skills and strong mechanical and electronic assembly skills.
- Basic background in electronics and machines (motor/generator).
- Basic understanding of Ohm’ s law (Electrical formula’ s and equations) and NEC (National Electrical Code).
- Must be able to work with high power/voltage and power electronic equipment.
- Must be able to perform necessary work on PCB with surface mount devices (testing/re-work).
- Electronics and mechanical parts specification and selection.
- Electromechanical assembly skills (nut, bolt, frame, cable, etc.).
- Ability to follow blue-prints and instructions.
- Design and build test fixture and prototype hardware.
- Generate test and assembly documents.
- Schematic capture for layout is preferred.
- Experience in power electronics circuit is desirable.