RF Design Engineer III
6900 K Avenue Plano, TX 75074 | Direct Placement
This position will be responsible for evaluating components, testing RF subsystems, and designing portions of receivers, transmitters, and synthesizers with oversight from senior engineering staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in electrical design tasks including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, circuit simulation, schematic capture, and board layout.
- Participate in RF & Microwave design synthesis at the board or subsystem level.
- Participate in simulation, testing and troubleshooting of RF circuits and subsystems.
- Develop test plans and procedures for RF subsystems as directed.
- Participate in required design reviews.
- Schedule, cost, and technical responsibility at the board or sub-circuit level.
- Identify and work with qualified suppliers of RF components and subsystems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of broadly based design, simulation and test experience with RF circuits and systems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with schematic capture tools to generate a complete schematic.
- Hands-on knowledge of basic RF test equipment including network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, and power meters.
- Understanding of RF tests such as receiver sensitivity, receiver dynamic range, noise figure, phase noise, and transmitter linearity and power measurements.
- Understanding of appropriate board materials and general board layout techniques.
- Familiarity with RF circuit layout techniques.
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required.
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5 year update.
- Previous board level RF/Microwave receiver, transmitter or synthesizer design experience.
- Experience with VSS, MWO, DXDesigner, PADS.
- Independent board layout experience.
- Noise figure and phase noise measurement experience.
- Working knowledge of LabView, Matlab, Python.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.