3800 Golf Road Suite 360 Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
- Responsible lead role for design and development of high reliability RF and microwave hardware for wireless infrastructure.
- Develop specifications, perform trade analyses, execute detailed implementation, validate performance, certify deliverable product. Support proposal and new business opportunities.
- Position emphasizes hardware design of circuits using discrete and MMIC devices and RF and analog circuitry for RF products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the design and fabrication of RF hybrid designs up through the millimeter wave bands.
- Proficient in microstrip and coplanar waveguide design, characterization and modeling of circuits using s parameters, circuit layout and test using bench-top microwave equipment including spectrum and network analyzers is required.
- Working proficiency with simulation and modeling tools such as Microwave Office, ADS and/or HFSS is required.
- Knowledge and experience with digital communications is desired.
- Manage technical development.
- Develop man-hour estimates for feature work.
- Help motivate project staff, mentor junior engineers, and actively seek out ways to help team members.
- Recommend staffing plans to management.
- Drive product and feature requirements, architecture, design, and test.
- Lead product and feature development, primarily in the embedded communications space.
- Development of technology roadmaps.
- Lead the development of RF components and subsystems and contribute to development of wireless broadband systems including architecture development, requirements management, design/analysis, integration, and test.
- Design knowledge of Radio Frequency transmitters, receivers, synthesizers, duplex/diplex filters and related RF circuits/systems
- Create supporting technical documents and test procedures
- RF hardware design and delivery experience
- Proficiency with RF circuit analysis tools such as Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS, AWR Microwave Office, or similar tool packages
- Experience with at least one schematic capture / PCB layout package such as Mentor Graphics and/or Cadence
- Experience in wireless communications industry (cellular and/or software-defined radio experience a big plus)
- Experience with digital modulation schemes and developing hardware solutions based on SOCs, Transceivers, and Discrete RF line-up.
- Experience selecting, specifying RF components
- Experience managing a product through FCC compliance and/or type acceptance testing
- Experience developing automated testing suites to verify hardware performance
- Programming experience (C / C++, Labview, HPVEE, Python, Matlab, VHDL / Verilog, or others)
- Experience ordering PCBs and working with contract manufacturers
- Ability to develop trouble shooting guides and to effectively train factory technicians
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5-10 years of industry experience developing real-world products or systems
- Willingness / ability to travel occasionally for Factory visits / Customer visits / Supplier Visits
- Self-motivated personality and ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to multi-task between two or more projects