RF/Hardware Engineering Manager
3800 Golf Road Suite 360 Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Scope of Responsibilities & Position Expectations
- Managing experienced cross-functional engineering teams responsible for PMP hardware designs.
- Provide technical leadership in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system, validation, layout/layout supervision, lab debug and production support for local and global teams.
- Demonstrated project management and talent management skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate engineering talent, define and set deliverables, plan resources, manage schedules, drive design methodology improvement.
- You will manage the recruitment, selection and retention of the team as we continue to grow our business.
- You and your team will engage closely with other development centers during the initial development phases and you will have responsibility for engineering on assigned projects.
- Vendors and customers management, active collaboration with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience building and leading engineering organizations delivering world-class wireless products and solutions.
- Working knowledge of RF and Wireless Hardware Platform Design and Validation.
- Working knowledge of Qualcomm and Broadcom wireless chipsets.
- Thorough understanding of product development and NPI processes.
- Deep technical expertise in one or more areas of core electrical engineering: Digital, RF, Antenna, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Proven history of managing multiple teams delivering novel, pipelined products.
- A passion for leading, mentoring, and inspiring strong, talented engineers.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, leadership, oral and written communication skills.
- Areas of preferred development expertise include RF Technology, Radio Baseband Technology, and Digital and Analog Processing Core Development.