RF Test Engineer
2320 Presidential Drive, Suite 101 Durham, NC 27703
Our client is seeking a talented individual looking to use their technical expertise to support the development, implementation, and maintenance of RF test systems and processes for wireless regulatory compliance testing. The candidate will also be responsible for testing per requirements of the international RF standards to include FCC and ETSI standards. The individual will write technical reports and work closely with the client and certification bodies. The ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented individual with conformity testing experience, ideally within the RF and EMC field and who wants to add value to this company' s organization.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain test systems and processes for wireless regulatory compliance testing;
- Work directly with regulatory compliance agencies and certification bodies;
- Participate in the configuration and evaluation of wireless devices to domestic and international regulatory compliance standards;
- Keep abreast of changes to and developments of wireless test standards, test methods and policies for existing and evolving technologies.
- Participate in wireless standard organizations and industry groups
This job may be for you if:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with relevant experience;
- Understanding of wireless / RF communication systems and protocols for existing and emerging technologies as it relates to regulatory compliance (e.g. 802.11, Bluetooth, UWB, GNSS, LMR, etc.).
- Experience in FCC, ISED Canada and European (CE) regulatory approval process preferred;
- Versed in FCC (CFR Title 47), Industry Canada (RSS) and European Radio Equipment Directive (ETSI) standards and test methods.
- Hands on experience with laboratory test equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, vector signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, network simulators, harmonic mixers, modulation analyzer, etc;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to successfully formulate and implement solutions for complex issues in a laboratory environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.