9106 Balboa Avenue Senior Operations Inc San Diego, CA 92123
Responsible for ensuring quality standards and specifications are met on incoming and outside processing material and products. Record and clear material in manufacturing resource planning (MRP) system.
- Inspect raw material, customer furnished material and/or products for conformance to specifications and certificate packs or purchase order.
- Verify certificate pack matches material with appropriate part number, job number, heat lot number, serial number or forging number, quantity, size and shape.
- Accurately count and visually inspect material and products for damage and cleanliness.
- Identify items for acceptance and/or rejection.
- Record appropriate information on traveler and certificate pack for material/products identified for acceptance.
- Clear and receive items in MRP.
- Reject discrepant or non-conforming material/part and maintain in hold/re-work area.
- Initiate supplier corrective action request and submit for review.
- Store raw material in designated storage area within facility.
- Complete and forward certificate packs and/or other documents to appropriate departments.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive criticism, establish goals and objectives, and exhibit initiative and commitment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- 1+ years of experience in aerospace industry or similar field preferred.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform receiving inspection per work order requirements, verify supplier compliance with purchase order requirements, and verify material samples and part coating thickness.
- Proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5.
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance machined components with complex geometry.
- Experience with dimensional inspection using precision hand tools and surface plate setup.
- Proficient blueprint reading skills.
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Competent in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.