Repair & Overhaul Technician
16760 Schoenborn Street North Hills, CA 91343
Must be able to troubleshoot and repair Refrigeration Systems using required engineering drawings and test procedures.
Purpose: To support the repair of core products to maintain the highest quality standards to FAA requirements and customer specifications.
- Set up, operate equipment, plan, and recognize required tooling for assignments using component maintenance manual, approved drawings, acceptance test procedures, and verbal instruction and to FAA specifications.
- Use the fixtures and tooling as required to complete his or her assignments.
- Supports and practices continual improvement of the QMS.
- Must be team oriented, provides instruction and guidance to others as required.
- Observes and adheres to all safety procedures and regulations.
- Employee must provide their own hand tools and minor measurement equipment.
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- Must be able to communicate to peers and supervision on work status.
- Regular attendance is required, 8 hours a day Monday thru Friday. Over time may be required when scheduled.
- Must practice good house-keeping habits.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Initiating purchase requisitions for completion of work orders.
- Maintaining all shop equipment and tools are in a serviceable condition.
- Training and assisting subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed.
- Assuring that personnel do quality work.
Minimum qualifications: The candidate must be personable, team oriented, Candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision, act decisively, have above average technical skills and have tools of the trade and able to read and understand electrical engineering drawings and specifications. Must be Customer Service ready since this position works with their customers.
Experience: Preferred 3 year experience reading and understanding engineering/Electrical drawings and have basic electrical technical skills. .
Education: Minimum of a high school or trade school education with previous experience is required.