Repair Technician - Vehicles
14020 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064
Under limited supervision, performs aftermarket mechanical and electrical repair of assorted components, instruments and vehicles by way of testing and troubleshooting to determine root cause failure of product. Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and other tests to evaluate appropriate methods and parts for repair. Writes technical reports to describe and illustrate system' s operating characteristics, malfunctions, or deviations from design specifications and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Test and troubleshoots products, equipment and circuitry, including functional, operational, and environmental testing in internal tanks, local lakes or ocean environments.
- Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate systems operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations.
- Analyze and interpret test data for board and system level repair.
- Adjust, calibrate, align and modify circuitry/components as well as record effect(s) on unit performance.
- Enters data and provides written reports, protocols and engineering documentation for testing of component parts and integrated systems.
- Perform engineering measurements and data analysis for implementation of corrective measures.
- Reads and follows work release information, bills of material (BOM), engineering change orders (ECO), production drawings (released, out of production and obsolete), blueprints, sample assemblies, and informal and mechanical assembly drawings.
- Data entry and report writing, including reports for customer review.
- Ability to provide intermediate instructions to other technicians.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position does not supervise other employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- An associate (two-year technical) degree, a diploma from a technical or vocational school or equivalent military training program and 4 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position requires mechanical and electronics experience, with an emphasis on mechanical skills.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of the principles of electronics and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience testing electronic assemblies using both traditional and non-traditional tooling such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power supply, function generator, LCD meter, etc.
- Experience using a variety of hand tools and machine shop tools and equipment (grinders, drill press, etc.).
- A basic understanding of metallurgy and dissimilar metal effects is desirable.
- Intermediate MS Office skills including ability to open and create files in Word, create and manipulate data in Excel and use E-mail and calendars in Outlook. Previous ERP/MRP system experience is desirable with the skills to review Bills of Materials (BOM), inventory quantities and locations, and other component information.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills at a business level; follow written and verbal procedures, instructions, read blueprints and schematics, and write business reports about the work accomplished.
- Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, unexpected events or ambiguity, and is able to multi-task to accomplish repair activities to completion.
- Has demonstrated ability to effectively schedule repair completion to maintain on-time delivery requirements.
- Requires excellent analytical skills and sound judgment to ensure error-free repairs.