Ride & Show Electrical Designer
Anaheim, CA 92802 US
Work closely with our Design & Engineering teams, line of business (LOB) customers, outside vendors, and project management staff to support project specific requirements and create CAD designs, detail drawings, and other supporting documentation.
You’d make an impact by being involved in a variety of detail production drawings for electrical wiring diagrams, schematics of electrical systems, mechanical details and assemblies for racks, consoles and control boxes and documentation for our amazing attractions.
- You’d join a collaborative team in an open environment as we partner closely with Engineering to develop conceptual and production design packages in support of project requirements.
- We want your passion for providing CAD design layouts and detail drawings to support Engineers for capital and expense projects.
- Every single day as a Ride & Show Electrical Designer is different! On any one day you might:
- Develop and participate in project design reviews
- Determine the correct form of documentation required for proper releases (e.g. Acceptance Test Procedures [ATP], and Operational Test Procedures [OTP])
- Release and design control procedures using Engineering Communication Forms (ECF) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO).)
- Electrical/Electronic and Mechanical design and drafting
- Perform research of background and historical data in support of identifying project requirements and developing design solutions
- Research and select proper materials, processes and vendors to be specified for design projects
- Ensure that drawings comply with applicable codes, legislation and regulatory requirements as well as both internal and industry standards, including California Ride Law
- Review design packages with vendors and shops for conformance with design documentation.
- Work with Engineers and Document Management staff to ensure that as-built drawings and other project documentation are properly detailed and submitted into the electronic data management system (EDMS).
- Showcase your expertise in the latest trends across new technologies and best practices regarding designs, materials, and products by sharing knowledge and lessons learned
- Three (3) or more years of experience generating electrical controls designs in a multi?discipline, technical, team environment
- Exceptional AutoCAD and Eplan experience (professional training and/or certification)
- Solid engineering and electrical/mechanical design skills, including manufacturing practices and processes
- Knowledge of materials (metals, composites, plastics), welding, finish processes, ASME standards (Y14 and Y14.5), and engineering documentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance multiple projects/assignments & priorities.
- Thrive under deadlines and appreciate responsibility working on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management to include executive staff.
- Aptitude to quickly learn computer software packages
- Ability to working independently on programs and projects as well as within a team environment, and seek guidance/approval with on-going communication
- Flexibility with scheduling – you must be able to work be asked to work weekends, nights, holidays and variable shifts, including overtime
- Able to spend a significant amount of time in a sitting position conducting CAD workstation operation
- Ability to, but not limited to, climbing stairs, ladders, crawling, and accessing confined spaces (Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but some time shall be required to work after hours when needed for gathering as-built documentation, capturing field conditions, and attraction testing, as required)
- AA/AS degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- GD&T professional training and/or certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent