Ring Fabricator (2nd shift)
9106 Balboa Avenue Senior Operations Inc San Diego, CA 92123
Perform grinding functions using hand tools or hand held power tools to smooth and create a flush surface condition on rough cut welded surfaces. May assist in other processes of ring fabrication.
- Perform grinding function to create a flush surface condition on rough cut welded surfaces.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand tools or portable grinder or arc-cutting equipment.
- May perform one or more operations involving ring fabrication; including but not limited to rounding, hot forming, expanding, flash welding and/or heat treating.
- Review layouts, work orders/instructions or diagrams in preparation for cutting or air arcing material.
- Calculate the circumference dimension of a machined or welded metal ring to accommodate the pre-weld cut and weld surface preparation.
- Manually position work piece on worktable for grinding.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, work overtime when necessary, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, work safely, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive feedback, establish goals and objectives and exhibit initiative and commitment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- High school diploma/GED preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Vocational training a plus.
- 6 months to one year similar work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of grinding hand tools or hand-held power tools and air arcing process. Ability to read work instructions, drawings or templates. Ability to move, install, position and handle materials. Ability to keep arm and hand steady when using hand tools.
- Manufacturing environment may be exposed to high noise levels, dust, grime and coolants and high heat levels. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment