Robotics Engineering Manager
Chatsworth, CA 91311 US
As the Robotics Engineering Manager and an early member of the small team, you will own a significant portion of our product and the company. You’re responsible for leading a team of Robotics, control, mechanical and automation Engineers in translating our product vision - building a robotic manufacturing platform - into a set of actionable deliverables. You will be in charge of our robotics roadmap and architectural decisions and implementation of our technology stack. You would work closely with multiple teams that include software, product development, manufacturing. In our small, yet quickly expanding team, your input will directly impact team composition and direction. Your team will be in charge of building robotic end-effectors, control algorithms, and automated fixturing solutions and then deploying these systems to the production team. The role requires someone with breadth of experience across different areas of robotics. Responsibilities
- Support Chief Engineer in the technical leadership and driving best practices for development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high-quality products.
- Establish data driven design and deployment life cycle to enable effective problem solving and engineering design.
- Responsible for management and professional development of our talented Automation, Mechanical, Robotics & Control Engineers and Technicians.
- Lead day-to-day management of the engineering teams including stand-ups, project prioritization, and design reviews.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and executives to ensure prioritization and focus on deliverables and timelines.
- Lead and facilitate the definition and implementation of future state operational design, tools, equipment and processes.
- Explore, propose, and lead the implementation of advanced manufacturing processes and technology.
- Lead proof-of-concept and prototyping projects to solve business or customer identified problems and opportunities.
- Grow the team by sourcing, hiring, and onboarding top talented and passionate engineers.
- BS in either Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Application Engineering, or similar.
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager or program manager in a technical environment.
- Academic background and experience in control theory, sensor fusion, digital signal processing, robotic arm positioning and control, kinematics solvers, ROS, motion planning, and collision avoidance.
- Working understanding of command-line Linux or similar operating systems.
- Data analysis and empirical modeling experience specially with sensor data and time series.
- Willingness to implement and drive lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements.
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills