4750 Calle Quetzal Camarillo, CA 93012
Our client is a Southern California based, worldwide leading manufacturer of high-quality lab/benchtop level test equipment for Fiber Optics cable and product manufacturers. We are currently recruiting qualified Sales Engineers to promote our clients' products to U.S. companies and organizations. Our client is a woman-owned tech company that promotes diversity in STEM roles. The company is an certified ISO9001: 2015 company.
- While Fiber Optics knowledge is quite helpful, it is not required as the company provides the training. If you are an engineering/technically minded person and have the aptitude to learn well, they will train you for success with their products. We constantly provide you with the resources, training and support needed to help you grow your sales territory to higher levels.
- Your role is to contact past customers and prospects, learn about their fiber optic testing challenges, and solve those problems with our equipment and solutions. You set up phone conversations, online meetings, on-site and online demonstrations / presentations, write quotes and proposals, and move the sales opportunities along the buying process. You are also part of the team that follows up post-sale to ensure that your customers received the benefits they sought with our solutions. You are the biggest key to our company' s slogan " Your Partner in Fiber Optic Test Solutions.
- Most companies that buy from us are testing the various fiber optic cables which they manufacture themselves. Industries include cable manufacturers, aerospace, military, R&D departments of large companies, data communications and telecommunications companies and more.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- You must be achievement-oriented and willing do to what it takes to reach your goals consistently. This means constantly reviewing and improving the various sales activity metrics which lead to your sales growth.
- Because the Fiber Optics industry can be very technical, you must be able to prove that you can quickly comprehend engineering and technical issues.
- You cannot be a ' typical' salesperson! We are only important to those companies with a problem that we can solve. We don' t push products on companies that don' t need them. With our products we help them solve their problems. You must have a drive to help people to be a successful SE here.
- You will be required to work in the office when not on travel visiting clients
- Must be willing to travel nationwide 50%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering preferred (Electronics, Electrical or Physics) or equivalent education and experience.
- 2 years plus proven success in technical sales
- Strong computer experience (Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Must be driven for success; Goal oriented
- Must be positive with a high level of energy
This position is Salary plus commission. They also offer benefits.
Call us now to learn more about this great opportunity!