SAP Principal IT Systems Engineer
9333 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA 92123
The SAP Principal IT Software Engineer will be responsible for providing SAP Basis support for Company’ s hosted SAP environment including, SAP HANA, HANA Live, BW/BPC on HANA, BOBJ, ME/MII, Lumira and other SAP products. Basis support will include supporting project implementation needs, transport management, batch monitoring, and architecture advisory and working with the hosting provider to support the environment long term.This position will also be responsible for responding to the technical requests of employees pertaining to SAP applications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to independently support SAP software products, including Suite on HANA, BW/BPC, PI, GRC and other SAP components.
- Experience working with a hosting provider to support an SAP environment.
- Ability to develop, articulate and deliver technical solutions to drive efficiencies and optimization within the environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with leadership.
- Experience with SAP ADMINSTRATIVE FUNCTIONS including security, transport (TMS) configuration and execution, patch maintenance, problem debugging, and applying OSS notes.
- Minimum 10 years SAP Basis Experience.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation for personnel and practitioners.
- This includes technical strategies, upgrade guides, deployment guides, and other technical manuals/whitepapers.
- Developing strategies, standards, and best practices for using the latest SAP products and other technologies.
- Supporting the needs of employees (i.e. trouble-shooting problems to developing comprehensive technical strategies and landscape designs).
- Managing individual projects within company and facilitating point of contact support for all project related issues.
Relevant Business Skills:
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Experience installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting NetWeaver products, in Wintel and/or Linux environments (8 years minimum).
- Hosting, mobility, or SAP HANA skills are a plus.
- SAP J2EE ENGINE knowledge.
- Ability to handle job scheduling and Redwood responsibilities.
- General knowledge of SAP Basis administration.
- Comfortable in at least one operating system: Wintel, UNIX, and LINUX OS administration.
- Experience with other ERP PACKAGES or MIDDLEWARE PACKAGES a plus
- SAP BASIS certification a plus.
- SAP HANA certification a plus.
- Experience developing/writing technical documentation.
- Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions.
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance.
- Must be a team player and be sensitive to end user needs.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to give clear and concise feedback to team lead and group manager.
- Manage system upgrades and refreshes.
- SSO knowledge helpful.
- Ability to direct work to hosting partner and Basis team.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum of four year university degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of ten years of related experience, or an applicable master’ s degree with five years of related experience.
- Experience in creating, analyzing, documenting and testing system and subsystem designs.
- Ability to use personal computer software such as spreadsheets and word processing programs and requirement management database tool.
- Mental ability to perform problem solving and analytical tasks.
- Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints.