SECURITY OFFICER (CPSO)
Tempe, AZ 85284 US
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at our company today!
As a security professional you will be a valuable asset to our dynamic Security team. You will have a broad range of responsibilities and will be encouraged to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers, to include several government agencies. We’ll count on you to ensure strict compliance with government, customer, and company security policies and procedures including the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and NISPOMSUP and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), DoD 5205.07 SAP Manuals volumes 1-4, Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-53, JSIG), Program Security Directives/Guides contractually imposed by customers, and the Corporate Security Practice Plan (SPP).
In this unique role, you will have the opportunity to support various aspects of our program as priorities change. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast- paced work environment with the ability to multitask and adjust priorities to meet the needs of the customers, Security team, and supported business units. You will think quickly to effectively solve problems using strong reasoning skills. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Use a wide range of experience to expand across multiple security subject areas.
- Support the Special Programs team as a CPSO/CSSO supporting all aspects of the security program with strict compliance with government, customer, and company security policies.
- Document control, destruction and accountability, clearance processing, briefings, classification management, records maintenance, visitor control, meeting coordination, foreign travel, incident investigation, self-inspections, physical security, etc.
- Ability to respond to after-hour alarms and emergency conditions.
- General office support duties with an emphasis on process document generation and implementation. Candidate may conduct briefings, assist with SVA preparations, or lead internal assessment process.
- General support of NISPOM compliance program(s)
- Support the Comsec team for by assisting with receipt, dispatch, and accountability of Comsec and keying materials.
- Conduct internal audits for compliance and facilitate employee training of communication security procedures.
- May support our Security Associate team which enforces physical security protection, CCTV, and conducting security rounds throughout the Carlsbad Campus Facility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge security software programs (e.g., DISS, SIMS, JADE, eFOCI, eFCL, eQIP)
- 8+ years in a DoD, or other industrial security program, and solid understanding of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- 4+ years working with SAP and/or SCI programs with solid understanding of ICD 503 & 705 and DoDM 5205.07 V1-4.
- US Citizenship with active Top Secret Clearance and ability to maintain clearance
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well individually as well as on a team.
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work well under pressure, possess good problem-solving skills and be able to enforce policies in a professional and personable manner.
- Availability to respond to after-hours alarms and emergency conditions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general office equipment.
- Completion of CSSO or CPSO training courses (or to be completed after hire)
- Experience in working with the United States Intelligence Community (USIC)
If the Federal Executive Order for Government Contractors becomes effective, this role may require vaccination. In such instance, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated no later than applicable deadlines, which are unknown at this point. We will strive to give individuals as much notice as practicable if a vaccine mandate becomes applicable to this role.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Years of Experience: Other
Citizenship: US Citizenship required
Clearance: Active United States Top Secret Clearance