SMT Programmer Technician
204 Highland Dr Taylor, TX 76574 | Direct Placement
Prepare and maintain production programs for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment. Plan, develop, test, and document Circuit Board Assembly programs and provide follow-up to ensure success of all programs written.
- Program Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment (universal and Fuji) and any other circuit board assembly equipment assigned.
- Maintain records and files of circuit board assemblies.
- Maintain tooling records and files.
- Program and verify process of all circuit board assemblies and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment used in surface mount line and any other assigned equipment used.
- Contact outside service personnel for technical help and service needs.
- Interact with engineering on new programs for production capabilities.
- Work with internal/external maintenance personnel and/or technical personnel to maintain an acceptable level of quality and productivity on equipment.
- Program and maintain other SMT assigned equipment (screen printers, AOI, SPI, and Reflow ovens).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’ s degree in a technical area (computer programming focus) preferred or high school degree with 2 to 3 years of machine programming experience.
- Familiarity with different CAD data formats such as ASCII, Gerber, XY, Excel, and Word.
- Familiarity with Fuji Flexa and CircuitCam software preferred.
- Good basic math skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of PCs, drawings, and electronic components.
- Proficient computer skills.