SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
2980 N. San Fernando Blvd Burbank, CA 91504-2566
The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Supplier Quality Engineering Process for suppliers providing production goods and services per AS9100, industry, and customer specific requirements.
To achieve the mission for this position, the Supplier Quality Engineer will produce the following critical actions and results:
- Provide Material Review Boards decisions for rejected materials and processes from suppliers
- Maintain the Approved Supplier List
- Perform Supplier Risk Assessments
- Perform Supplier Purchase Order Review and Approval
- Lead and Perform Supplier Audits
- Assign Supplier Corrective Actions and Drive them to Effective Implementation and Closure
- Coordinate Work Transfer Projects and Associated Risks
- Maintain Supplier Quality Manual
- Drive Improvement of Under-Performing Suppliers
- Maintain Supplier On-Time Delivery and On Quality Metrics
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a thorough knowledge of aerospace quality engineering principles and practices as they relate to the manufacture of precision metal products. Extensive knowledge and experience in aerospace inspection processes, first article inspection, supplier source Inspection, blueprint reading, and interpretation of material and process procedures and specifications.
Strong technical communication skills, report writing, procedural writing skills, and the ability to effectively train suppliers and company employees in Suppler Quality Engineering Processes.
The ideal candidate will have the following education, work history, knowledge and skills.
Education: BS Degree in an Engineering discipline or another technical field required.
Skills & Experience:
- Must possess 5 + years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Must have at least 7 years of diversified and progressively responsible experience in the manufacture, processing, and inspection of precision-machined parts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of up-to-date inspection and control methodologies such as PFMEA, PPAP, and APQP. An analytical mind with the ability to understand, modify, and interpret complex technical information and to draw valid conclusions.
- Extreme conscientiousness. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to work with minimal guidance on site and at suppliers. Aerospace production experience is required.
- Experience with a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Mix of experience managing and transforming culture in large assembly operations.
- Career progression with progressively more responsible roles within production operations.
- Lean / Continuous Improvement trained and certified.
- Experience with and oriented toward metrics in business analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are mandatory.
Personality and Character:
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Open and honest communicator
- Desire to achieve through engaging an entire team
- Leads by example
- Team player.
- Accountable and willing to hold others accountable in an objective, straight-forward manner
- Willing to confront and resolve conflicts
- Logical, organized and detail oriented with the ability to see big picture
- Mentor style that promotes success of the team
All candidates must meet ITAR requirements. US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien Card holder.