SW QA Engineer
1950 Camino Vida Roble Carlsbad, California 92008 | Contract
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement manual and automated tests of embedded systems.
- Functional testing.
- Create and implement comprehensive test plan for embedded software-based products.
- Use product specifications, product-use scenarios and other design documentation to develop test plans with sufficient coverage.
- Thoroughly test release candidates and prototype hardware to identify bugs, issues and needed improvements.
- Clearly record, document and communicate testing status working closely with Engineering, Program, and Product management.
- Develop processes/methods to improve the product testing and development process.
- Continuously improve the process and resulting product and software release quality.
- Applies defined software quality best practices and procedures to design, influence, and drive quality and testability of software.
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes.
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Accurately report and track defects throughout development life cycle.
- Partner with the development team in all project phases to ensure deliverables satisfy requirements and achieve desired level of quality.
- Engage other SW Quality Assurance team members for feedback on testing strategies, new test designs, and test plan reviews.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years Software Quality Assurance Testing or relevant experience.
- BSEE, BSCS or BS in technical or scientific discipline is highly desired (and/or Equivalent experience).
- Automation (Python).
- Knowledge of electrical products, wireless RF links and consumer products is highly desired.
- Programming experience in automated regression testing of embedded devices.
- Experience with Agile Development/SCRUM.
- Understanding of test methodologies (functional, performance, stress, scale, etc.) and using test automation tools.
- Exposure to Linux/Unix and/or embedded Linux.
- Experience with Jira or other equivalent software bug tracking database is highly desirable.
- Experience in testing user interface/human factors.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
- Ability to rapidly master and utilize leading-edge technologies to innovate creative test solutions and improve efficiency.
- Must be well organized, and a self-starter that would require minimal daily management.
- Limited travel required (up to 25%) to Utah, California and other locations.