1800 Live Oak Lane Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Exceptional candidates will have a proven track record of independently driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the implementation of targeted safety strategies and tactics.
This role is required to use sound technical judgment to assess, analyze, identify and solve a broad spectrum of safety issues across a diverse group.
Serve as the key technical resource and are responsible for the implementation and sustainment of key safety programs for their designated businesses.
Operations include manufacturing, production, warehouse, food and beverage, lodging, construction, maintenance, custodial, horticulture and entertainment/theatrical.
The role will be required to drive results by guiding implementation of safety programs, evaluate safety performance, and identify opportunities to continuously improve safety performance.
Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and when necessary.
Required to develop strong relationships and work as part of a team within a fast paced, matrix-style environment with all levels employees.
- Bachelor' s Degree (or equiv. experience - HS Diploma required).
- 2+ years of industrial safety experience required (related industries include petrochemical, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment/theatrical, transportation, distribution/warehouse).
- Knowledge and application of relevant regulatory and industry standards, best practices, and guidelines (e.g., confined space, control of hazardous energy, hazard communication, incident investigation, and root cause analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize hazards and propose mitigations.
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and identify trends.
- Proven experience with Industrial Hygiene equipment and slip test tribometers.
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to solve problems outside area of expertise.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to operate within an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Proven strong planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations
- Demonstrated strong consultative and influencing skills.
- Proven experience in training delivery.