288 Holbrook Drive Wheeling, IL 60090
- position is responsible for the direct interaction with the customer with the purpose of growing our business by identifying their needs and developing proposals on engineering adaptations of our products for purchase. They are the technical expert and go-to for product related matters. The Application Sales Engineer works with the customer to specify a new or custom product to satisfy specific requirements when necessary. They must be capable of developing quotes, identifying cost savings and offer solutions that resolve technical problems for customers and be willing to “ go into the field” or the laboratory to conduct testing, collect data, or resolve problems. Application Sales Engineers will be called upon to provide technical training to customers or company personnel at EFG facilities or at customer locations. Applications Engineers will develop application notes and other technical literature on a regular basis
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide leadership and technical support to customers, the customer care group and plant personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Engineering and others in executing the company’ s Engineering and Sales Support strategy through the technical support of selling engineered fastening solutions into the five major industries: energy, automotive, agriculture, capital goods, and transportation.
- Together with inside sales, works to establish new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers, planning and organizing sales calls. Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating value of product proposals, cost savings and operational improvements to win business.
- Provide technical support solutions to our customers through all deployed channels. This includes Regional Sales and Key Account Managers, Third Party Sales Agents, Distributors, Wholesalers and OEMs.
- Maintain strong engineering policies, procedures and guidelines. Design and deliver projects to budgets and timelines using tools such as success criteria, milestones, Gantt charts, critical paths, etc…
- Manage project/product development from beginning to end including the scoping, design, execution and optimization of customer processes and reporting progress to the customer care organization.
- Manage new business opportunities involving quoting, product specifications, internal and external part drawings, building the bill of materials, determining equipment needs, scope of work, cost estimates and customer schedules. Perform previously mentioned duties at all EFG facilities. Assist Quality with APQP process, FMEA studies and control plans. Manage the engineering change process.
- Visit customers to secure new business or resolve issues. Help manage the supplier base. Project manage high priority tasks through the toll gate process.
- Match customer requirements to existing equipment and evaluate the need for capital investment. Determine needed equipment and assemble ROI data to cost justify the purchase.
- Collaborate with other Application and Manufacturing Engineering Team members to improve processes and practices, in helping to secure orders. Help train lesser skilled engineers.
- Educational Requirements: 4-year engineering degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Language: English. Fluent and well-spoken with excellent technical writing skills.
- Previous technical sales experience with strong problem solving skills, an understanding of selling to customer needs, and solid presentation skills.
- Previous fastener experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills which include:
- MS-Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Auto Cad and SolidWorks
- D-Form or similar programs preferred.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of standard engineering practices.
- Strong organizational and math skills
- Strong focus on “ Doing it right”
- High passion, energy, drive, and intelligence
- High levels of initiative and curiosity
- Strong sense of urgency
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate computer and keyboard; able to use phone; sit for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.