Chicago, IL 60161
Pleasant outgoing personality coupled with technical savvy, polished and intelligent who speaks the “ language of the customer.” Individual must possess a dynamic “ can do” attitude, is willing to learn, and not afraid to get your foot in the door at a potential customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical sales support to the automotive industry in the Illinois/Michigan areas or industry specific accounts.
- Remote position out of home office (or similar), preferably in Chicago, or Detroit area
- Willing and able to travel throughout Illinois and Michigan, making regular sales calls to new and existing customers. Approximate travel – 25%
- Daily phone contact with customer’ s engineering and procurement personnel to service existing business and develop new opportunities.
- Work closely with Company’ s engineering, manufacturing and quality managers to ensure orders are processed and shipped on time
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and formulating strategies to win new business opportunities.
- Ability to identify key decision makers within an organization and how to leverage to win new business
- Manage multiple sales pursuits to meet yearly sales targets for your given industry and/or territory
- Generate yearly sales forecast and projections to support company goals.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Prepares and submits quotes to corporate office for pricing and lead times
- Develops customer' s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Identify industry trends that can impact core business and how company can effectively manage any impacts.
- Able to travel to company HQ in Northeast US minimum once per year for training and sales meetings. Possible additional time required during onboarding process.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Four-year University Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Five to Seven years selling engineered products to OEM accounts and customer service
- Experience in domestic traveling.
- Experience with closely related seal products in the automotive industry