Sales Engineer-Bridge Construction Products
320 MARMON DRIVE BOLINGBROOK, IL 60440
Brief Summary of Job: Bear the responsibility for the economic results, the Business Development as well as management of staff of the assigned business area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following with other duties and responsibilities assigned as necessary by the Manager.
- Sales-- Including project acquisition, material & quantity take-offs, cost estimates for services and materials, proposal preparation, setting price levels, and bidding.
- Negotiations--Negotiate contracts and new orders Promotion Increase and advance the market share of DSI products, services, and capabilities promoted to the targeted industry including presentation to owners, designers, and customers.
- Customer Contact-- Maintain regular contact with customers from initiation to conflict resolution to final follow-up.
- Prospecting--Seek out and develop potential new customers.
- Technical-- Provide technical assistance throughout sales process.
- Travel is required to both customer locations as well as project sites within region. 25% travel may be required.
- Coordinate and Supervise-- Project Coordinators and Project Managers work where a Sales Engineer uses such assistance.
Education and/or Requirements:
BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or related field along with five years industry experience.
- Knowledge of Post Tensioning, Reinforcing, potentially Bridge Design
- Sales/Business Development experience preferred.
Must possess the ability to understand engineering documents and procedures related to the construction and manufacturing industry. Must have the ability to define and solve technical and business problems using the resources available.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business, government, and engineering documents.
- Ability to write reports, effective business correspondence, and procedures.
- Must have the ability to present information effectively to customers, management, and the business community.
- Expands sales within existing accounts, focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity.
- Develops new business, identifies and sells to customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective presentations, negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately, develops sales skills.
- Shares information with manager and team, works as part of a team, works with other departments, follows company policies and values, balances short- and long-term goals.
Physical Requirements: The work environment includes business office, with some construction site visits. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; and stoop, keel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.