600 Mifflin Road Pittsburgh, PA 15207
The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the business development team. This position is responsible for evaluating, analyzing and recommending technology resources throughout the sales process, and acts as an advocate for the company’ s products.
- Review RFP information to qualify opportunities that best fit the portfolio of Company’ s offerings.
- Create new estimates by utilizing Company’ s estimating program.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to design and update technical documentation, including Scope of Work (SOW), Schedule of Values and Change Order Estimates.
- Update CRM system with final bid amount, margins, and other pertinent data.
- Provides additional information required for proposals, as needed.
- Oversee Scope Review meetings with Customer, providing knowledge and feedback of project specifications.
- Review estimate/SOW to verify all documents match accordingly; makes modifications to original Estimate so that it matches Customer Purchase Order amount.
- Develop and create submittal packages for Sales team; Manage submittal sheets on internal Server.
- Attend project Kick-Off meeting with Project Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Electronics, Information Technology or related field preferred. Bachelors Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience as a sales engineer/estimator, preferably in the electronic services industry (Voice, Data, Security, Multimedia, and/or Structured Cabling).
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.