2575 Sand Hill Rd Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Safety/Security Technician - Menlo Park, CA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Building Access and Security technician installs, maintains, repairs and adjusts all types od doors, hardware, locks and their components for buildings, rooms, and furniture; cuts and issues keys; implements, troubleshoots repairs and maintains computerized access control systems; and maintains security systems; maintains and repairs automatic door openers, door closing units and control gates; services and maintains door entry systems; inspects completed work for conformance with R&DE Housing specification requirements and compliance with applicable building safety codes and regulations; inspects related work performed by contractors; eliminates time and materials for locksmith and building access participates in the maintenance and operations of a locksmith, Building Access & Security Shop.
50> Electronic Access Work
20> Locksmith Work
25> Security door work
5> Preventative Maintenance Inspections
- Installs, troubleshoot, repair, maintain doors, frames, commercial lock/security hardware including locks, keying systems, door hardware automatic electric door operators, electronic access system, related building access and security systems and hardware.
- Complete all work in accordance with applicable codes and industry workmanship standards
- Produce and/or modify doors for locks
- Cut new keys; replace broken or lost keying data
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance on doors, door hardware, card access devices and Tele-entry Door King System
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Journey Level Knowledge and work experience in the Building Access & Security trade
- Minimum of Two Years – Journey –level work experience wiring, installing, troubleshooting, and repairing various electrified and non-electrified exit devices, ADA automatic door closure etc.
- Processes comprehensive door hardware(Electrified and mechanical) technical knowledge such as door control, closures, hardware applications
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and skill in window and door hardware installation, operation and repair.
- Knowledge and ability to specify and work with various materials used in trades
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to read drawings, blueprints
- Operates power tools utilizing safe work practices
- Must be capable of learning and applying safe work practices, including but not limited to hazardous waste management
- Ability to perform various maintenance and moving tasks including but not limited to work from step ladders
- Knowledge of building codes in his/trade including requirements for door operation, egress requirements, door/assessment
- Possess a valid California Driver’s license
- Respond to emergency calls at night, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and adhere to all environmental Health and Safety regulations implemented.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/301004