Segment Leader - Heat Treatment
3401 Old Airport Road Wooster, OH 44691
Formal prerequisites for the position:
- Advanced engineering & physics knowledge
- Superior knowledge of the automotive manufacturing industry
- Business acumen
- Experience in CNC Machining, Grinding, Welding, Stamping, or Assembly operations preferred/Plus
- Must Have HEAT TREAMENT Experience
- SAP & Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication ability (written & verbal)
- Advanced presentation skills
- Extremely self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assertive approach to solving problems
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering related field
- Business Division: Transmission Systems North America
- Business Unit: Transmission Technologies, Heat Treatment
- This position holds the responsibility for planning, procurement, implementation and commissioning of new capital equipment for new programs and capacity increases for Heat Treatment. The Segment Leader w/Heat Treatment must be very proactive in getting accurate information and will interface with Product Development to understand future projects and what process development will be required. S/he will also be directly involved with determining manufacturing feasibility of new products. In order to be effective, this person must have an excellent understanding and working knowledge of CNC Machining, Grinding, Welding, Stamping, Heat Treatment, or Assembly operations. A strong understanding of tooling concepts is also necessary. This person will monitor the routing systems, plan capacities for new processes. S/he will optimize current processes utilizing time studies and workflow knowledge.
- The Segment Leader w/Heat Treatment must provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as assist employees in setting goals. This position must lead employees by creating training and development plans, coaching employees, and providing feedback in regard to employee performance, quality, and safety. The Segment Leader will be required to mentor and empower their employees to foster a team environment and have strong conflict management skills, be able to maintain employee work schedules, manage multiple projects at once, and have ability to make quick effective decisions. Since this individual will interface frequently with both local and international company associates, as well as with external customers; excellent communication skills are critical. Travel may be required for this position.
- This position is required to know and understand the current specifications of the Quality Policy and procedures, as well as the Safety and Environment Policy and procedures and contribute to the achievement of the company objectives. In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by his supervisor that are essentially related to his duties.