Senior Associate Plumber
800 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90017
NEW POSITION NOW AVAILABLE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY!
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Position Title: Associate Plumbing
Position Location: Los Angeles County
This world-renowned and world class company is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, renowned for cutting edge design solutions which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our fully integrated approach combines structural, HVAC, electrical and plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure design and environmental best practice.
We are looking for a candidate who is a self starter and to be able to work independent of a large office environment. Associates will typically take responsibility for management of people, client and commercial issues as required by the Project and Team Leader role. In this capacity you will represent the Company internally and externally on behalf of your Group.
The LA team has taken our iconic reputation for creativity and innovation and put it to work with iconic LA projects. Are you excited about leaving your mark on sustainable, game-changing projects across the United States?
Responsibilities include the production of coordinated detailed design specifications, written reports, site surveys, schedules etc. on a variety of projects within the plumbing and fire protection discipline including but not limited to; above ground sanitary/waste and rainwater drainage systems, below ground drainage systems and domestic hot and cold water services in fire protection services. It would also be beneficial to have experience of rainwater harvesting systems, black and fire/water systems would be an advantage.
What will you be doing?
- Communicate directly with Clients
- Organize technical and financial proposals for new work
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality)
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design & prepare Technical Specifications
- Monitor financial performance of jobs
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved.
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client' s best interests and that the company policy is keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc.
What can you bring to the role?
- Typically ten (10) years' experience working as a senior P/FP Engineering role
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of US projects
- Ability to run projects successfully
- LEED AP accredited preferred
- Confident, proactive character, able to take the lead in challenging situations
- Good communication skills, experience in dealing with other employees and external clients
- Corporate membership of a relevant institution
- Organization, combined with ability to work independently