403 South Raymond Ave Pasadena, CA 91105
Reports to the purchasing manager and also works with project management to develop and implement supply chain plans that deliver the best values in products and services considering form, fit, function, expertise, cost, delivery, and quality needed to meet major program initiatives/the development and launch of new products.
The Senior Buyer demonstrates excellent communication, business acumen, and judgement in interfacing with management to understand purchase requirements; interfacing with suppliers to communicate purchase requirements; supporting
negotiation of more complex unique purchase terms and conditions, implementing company signature authority policy over purchases, and managing fulfillment of orders.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interfaces with management to identify and communicate purchase requirements to be utilized and approved by management.
- Processes the most difficult and unique purchasing transactions in accordance with DAR/FAR and AS-9100.
- Identifies and selects vendors to procure highly technical commodities meeting criteria of price, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates and places orders.
- Analyzes departmental/product bill of material purchase requisitions/ requirements for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Contacts department or initiator to clarify and complete information.
- Determines method needed to process requisition such as bid, request for proposal, or blanket contract.
- Develops and refines highly complex technical bids and specifications.
- Negotiates contracts and bid proposals meeting company delegated signature authority policy.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures and policies to departments, vendors and staff.
- Interviews sales representatives and researches companies to develop new sources of supplies to update records and files, and to secure favorable terms for the University.
- Writes and distributes highly technical bid invitations or requests for proposal, receives and analyzes quotes, bids, and proposals, and awards the contract.
- Establishes blanket purchase agreements with vendors setting dollar limitations and time of contract limitations.
- Monitors the maintenance of records regarding pricing and ordering of materials; prepares reports analysis and recommendations.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and relationships in PCB purchasing in the electronics aerospace industry.
- Business acumen and judgement.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing.
- Knowledge of the materials, products, and the commodity markets in assigned areas of specialization.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications, bids and proposals.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Requirements planning and purchase order processing utilizing ERP systems which requires a working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems for determining requirements for recurring production, as well as, new product development.
- Microsoft office suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree in related field and four years of buying experience, or seven years of buying experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.